Tests and examinations have always been a feature of secondary school life, and crop up at various times for each year group. Year 11 trial GCSE examinations take place in December and public examinations take place in May and June. Other important coursework deadlines, module tests and AS examinations take place at different points in the year.
Parents are advised to check dates with the school before planning holidays or other periods away from home so that important dates for assessments are not missed. Any loss of school time is highly undesirable and is bound to affect students’ progress.
Exam Notices and Timetables
Exam Specification Information:
2016 GCSE Results at the end of Key Stage 4
Percentage of students within grade ranges:
|% gaining basics (Both English / Maths A*-C)||Idsall||65|
|% achieving Ebacc||Idsall||12|
|Staying in education or employment (students in 2014)||Idsall||97%|
|% achieving A*-C English||Idsall||72|
|% achieving A*-C Maths||Idsall||78|
2016 GCE Results at the end of Key Stage 5
(A/AS level or equivalent):
|A2 ACADEMIC RESULTS||2016|
|Average points per entry||Idsall||30.87 (C)|
|Achieving AAB or higher in at least 2 facilitating subjects||Idsall||10.0%|
|Vocational Level 3||Idsall||
A full record of public examination results is available from the school.
Candidates Instructions and Exams Policies
- Notice for Candidates for Written Exams
- Notice for Candidates for On Screen Tests
- Notice for Candidates for Coursework Assessments
- Notice for Candidates for Controlled Assessments
- Notice for Candidates for Non-Examination Assessments
- Notice for Candidates - Privacy Notice
- Notice for Candidates - Social Media
- Warning to Candidates
- No Mobile Phones Poster
- Idsall's External Examinations Policy 2014-2016 (including Appeals against Internal Assessment of Work for External Qualifications)
- Idsall's Controlled Assessment Policy 2014-2016
We have a 'Homestudy' page under the Students menu, which lists a number of homework and exam revision web sites as well as various exam revision techniques compiled by the school. We hope students find them useful in revising and performing during their exams to give them the best chance of being successful.
Any queries concerning exams should be directed to Idsall's Exams Officer, telephone 01952 468452 or email email@example.com